Friday, April 02, 2010

Time to write

My husband reminded me that I haven't blogged in awhile. So I am having a rare moment where each of my children are nappy. Its been a long week and I guess God knew I needed a break. Whew!

Landon is 5 1/2 months now. It is amazing how fast the second child grows up! He can already roll both ways and is trying to work on crawling. He gets very frustrated when he gets to his belly and realizes he cant get his legs and arms to do what he wants. He still isn't sleeping through the night. The ped said he was hungry and to give him solids. One month on solids and still no difference in sleep. The poor boy rolls around so much and has such a strong startle reflex that he wakes himself up. He also is about to cut his bottom two teeth so I think the midnight nursing is soothing to his mouth. Others say that waking up for nurture in the middle of the night is just a boy/man thing. They say men need a lot of comforting. Well I won't comment on that for fear of the backlash! Landon is enjoying his nightly meal of oatmeal, prunes (he has a lil constipation issue) or sweet potatoes. Better not put a burger in front of this guy or he will try to swipe it!!

Claire is still a doll. We have out moments of emotional, tired 3 year old crankiness but those pass and my adorable, sweet, kind daughter comes out. I had a teacher at Claire's school yesterday tell me how much she loves Claire and how mature she was. Wow, what a compliment. Everyone says she is cute and sweet but mature? I'm so proud. She is still loving school. She also loves playing dress up and she has left the house in some pretty interesting outfits! Claire adores her brother and can make him smile no matter how fussy he is. They have a special bond that I hope stays around forever.

Wade and I have been trying to accomplish projects around the house although its hard with a 5 month old and a 3 year old running around. Its frustrating at times not being able to do everything we want to in one weekend but we cherish the time we have together for we know pretty soon Wade will be deployed again.

We have decided to join the church we have been attending for the past year or so. I have been waiting to join until I felt that I was ready to be baptized. In order to become a member you have to have been baptized by full immersion (I was sprinkled with water as a child). I wanted my decision to be baptized to come from my heart and not just because I wanted to join the church. So April 18th, I will become a true child of God (and a Baptist! sorry to my late Methodist grandparents)!

No comments: