Wednesday, May 20, 2009

One week down

We have survived our first week! It was, of course, filled with some drama with Claire getting sick. But that was expected! Someone would get sick right after he leaves. Wade seems to be doing good. Instead of lounging around on their way across the Atlantic, they are taking the opportunity to get ready for a big inspection that they have coming up in the Spring when they get back. He has been able to call twice, mainly because Claire was sick and he wanted to talk to her. It was good to hear his voice. Before he left, he taped himself reading some books to her and she loves that! He also taped a message for her to be good for mommy and I make her listen to that every night!! Claire seems to be handling it okay. She has been extra clingy but that could also have to do with the being sick. I bought her a pillowcase which has a picture of her daddy on it and she just adores it!

I have been feeling okay so far. I have been having some pelvic pain which can be unbearable at times. Nothing seems to relive the pain. My doctor says its just normal pregnancy aches and pains. I am hoping next visit he will refer me to a physical therapist who can help to manage some of the pain. I am sure it is also my bodies way of telling me to take it easy. That's easier said than done when you are a single parent to a almost 3 year old!

The last week has gone by pretty fast so hopefully this will be a good indication of things to come!

Here are a few more pictures of the ship departing....



No comments: