Saturday, July 12, 2008

Ahoy!

This morning Wade's ship held a pancake breakfast for the crew and their children. It was nice because usually the only family functions for the whole crew are tiger cruises which take the families underway (out to sea). Since Claire is only 2, she is too young to take part in them. So this breakfast was a way for the younger kids to be able to experience ship life without going out to sea.


Claire had developed a rash from a medicine she was taking so she was a little cranky. I think she still had a good time. I am not sure if she really understood that it was a ship because those things are so big that once you get on them you just feel like you are on a floating factory. I did enjoy getting to see his new ship, the USS Anzio, for the first time. I must say that although the pancakes were good, the rest of the breakfast was less than desirable. Make sure to send Wade plenty of snacks when he is deployed or he may come back as thin as a rail! :)



No comments: